One of the UK's most respected Nutritional Therapists and healthy eating experts. Amelia Freer is a hugely engaged presence on both social and mainstream media. With four best-selling books to her name, she has helped thousands to adopt a happier, healthier life.
Amelia takes a scientific, holistic and compassionate approach to health and nutrition and is vehemently against fad diets and exaggerated food marketing hype. Recognised for her calm, kind and considered approach, she focuses on the goal of 'making healthy simple'.
A regular contributor to mainstream media, Amelia has extended her reach with regular appearances at public events, on podcasts and through her website, newsletter and social media channels. She also hosts sell- out workshops, cooking demonstrations and residential retreats at the luxurious Lime Wood Hotel. To date, Amelia has partnered with a whole host of brands including The White Company, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Kenwood, Clipper Teas, Danone, Riverford and Whole Foods Market. It’s safe to say we can’t wait for her to host Garden Trading’s latest virtual event!
Joining us for the Cook-along?
The start of the year is a great time to get acquainted with new recipes. Requiring the right tools for the job? Treat your culinary creations to timeless accessories and serveware in contrasting enamel, spun bamboo and steel; all sure to enhance your experience in the heart of the home.
Want a (tantalising) sneak preview?
Take a look at Amelia’s Veggie Bake, which she’ll be showcasing during the Cook-along. This recipe serves two people as a main and four when prepared as a delicious side dish.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 15g cherry tomatoes (about 10), halved
- 50g spinach (2 large handfuls)
- 75ml cream (Amelia uses Oatly cream; you could use coconut or dairy)
- 50ml white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 35g feta cheese, crumbled
- 60g breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- lemon zest on top to serve
1. Preheat the grill on high.
2. Heat a large pan over a medium/low heat, then add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the leeks and sauté for 8-10 minutes, until soft and the green of the leeks has intensified, stirring frequently.
3. Add the butter beans and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Now add the tomatoes and spinach and stir until wilted.
4. Pour in the cream, wine and lemon juice and stir. Finally sprinkle in the parsley, give it a final stir then transfer to a baking dish.
5. Mix together the crumbled feta, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper, then sprinkle evenly over the vegetables.
6. Place under the grill for 10 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden and crisp.
Tempted? Amelia describes her Veggie Bake as “…my idea of perfect comfort food for cold, dark days. It’s the kind of reassuring recipe I turn to when I’m starting to feel a bit under-the-weather and need a little boost, usually served with a large portion of steamed greens drizzled liberally in olive oil and lemon juice.”