Today is dubbed Blue Monday, the day rated as the most depressing of the year.
Apparently this day is calculated taking into account many factors, including: weather conditions, debt level, time since Christmas, time since failing our new year’s resolutions, low motivational levels and feeling of a need to take action. Sounds like a complicated formula!
Here’s 5 reasons why the team at Garden Trading aren’t feeling blue:
- The Sun is shining. It’s a simple but true fact, when the sun comes out so do our smiles and we’re glad to work in a window filled office to let the sun come beaming in. Check out our new Fitzroy Circular Thermometer so you can add a little vintage weather watching to your home.
- Despite being sunny it’s freezing outside; cue long walks in the frosty woods then home to a roaring fire to defrost chilly noses. Protect your floors from suffering the after effects of your walk with a stylish Large Welly Doormat, and ensure you have all your fireside essentials to keep cosy. A large log basket is essential, to prevent additional unnecessary trips outside for more logs when you’ve just managed to warm up.
- Loads of our favourite brands are still in Sale (including us) and payday is just around the corner, what more of an excuse do we need for a shopping spree? Our Sale comes to an end next week so don’t miss out; this charming Set of 3 Tapas Jars has been flying off the shelves and is perfect for sharing nibbles with friends.
- Birds are suffering from food shortages. No we’re not a team of cruel bird haters! It simply means that our gardens are filled with a flurry of feathered companions when we fill up our bird feeders, and it’s great to know that you’re doing your bit towards nature. Plus, that morning coffee is so much more enjoyable while soaking up the winter sun in the conservatory and watching the birds squabble over the choicest bits of bird food.
- The weather man keeps telling us that snow is on the way. Each morning we peek out of the curtains, hoping that today will be the day we had a massive overnight snowfall. Alas, it has not happened yet, but we’ve got our trusty snow shovels on hand ready for when it finally does… It has to happen soon doesn’t it?
If you're suffering from the Blues, check out our hints and tips for beating them here.