Belfast Light in Coffee Bean - Steel
Subject of many a school trip, the Second World War warship HMS Belfast may have launched a thousand childhood fantasies of naval glory but it was also the inspiration for this robust outdoor wall light. The simple, utilitarian design of the Belfast Light in Coffee Bean has made it a big hit with our customers, helped by the fact that it works equally well in both town and country, and in both a contemporary and a more traditional setting.
Light yet hardwearing, the Belfast Light in Coffee Bean is made of zinc plated steel which has been powder coated in a matt finish for extra durability against the elements. And, should you manage to break it, a replacement glass dome is available, too.
Subject of many a school trip, the Second World War warship HMS Belfast may have launched a thousand childhood fantasies of naval glory but it was also the inspiration for this robust outdoor wall light. The ...Read More
To find out more about our colours please visit our Colour Ways page.
- Standard UK for orders over £60 - Free
- Standard UK for orders under £60 - £4.95
- Next Day - £6.95
- Saturday Delivery - £16.00
- Click & Collect from our Carterton Warehouse - Free
Standard UK Delivery takes 3-5 working days. Next Day orders must be placed before midday for delivery the following working day. If a Next Day order is placed after midday on a Friday, or over a weekend, delivery will take place the following Tuesday.
You can return items to us within 14 working days of receipt. All we ask is that you return the goods in all their original packaging and condition, including the outer box and in a re sell-able condition. We are not able to issue refunds for goods that are not returned in a re sell-able condition. Please view our full returns information here.
- Q. hi, love the belfast lamps but can they be painted as i would ideally like black to match existing outdoor lamps. many thanks karl
These lights can be painted however if a fault occurs after doing so, we cannot accept them back for an exchange or refund.
- Q. Can you please send me a full detailed specification with all of the measurements of this lamp. Thanks.
Belfast Lamp Measurements:
Distance from Wall: 37cm
Diameter of Wall Plate: 6.5cm
Diameter of Shade: 32cm
Total Height: 24cm
- Q. I live on the coast, 500m as the crow flies to the sea although protected by trees and other buildings. Will these lamps weather ok or is there a risk of rust?
- A. As these lights are designed for outdoor use they are designed not to rust, however we cannot offer a guarantee if these lights are used in a coastal area.
- Q. Please can you clarify whether the lamp is the matt grey colour shown in the main picture or the darker brown more gloss finish. I much prefer the matt grey. Thanks
- A. All of our Coffee Bean lights have a matt finish.
- Q. Is the colour a dark grey as per the image? The name of the colour suggests it is brown. Also, what are postage charges to Ireland and finally if it isn't the correct colour can we return for a refund? thank you
- A. The Coffee Bean colour is a very dark brown. Delivery to Ireland is around £23.00 and you can return items to us for a refund within 7 days of receipt if they are unsuitable.
- Q. Please can you confirm the weight of this light. We intend to use this light indoors but mounted with cavity fixings onto plasterboard.
- A. The weight of this light is 2kg.
- Q. can this lamp be activated by a PIR?
- A. All of our outdoor lights can be fitted to a PIR sensor.
- Q. Would it be possible to wire this lamp to a daylight sensor unit?
- A. Yes, you can fit separate sensors to all of our outdoor lights.
- Q. Can a screw fix bulb be used with this lamp? Is there anywhere in London where they sell the lamp if I want to have a look. Thanks , Sofia
- A. All our lights take a screw in bulb, including the Belfast Lamp. There is a list of stockists on our website sorted by area. We do sell to a few companies across London however we are unable to see which particular items they stock therefore it may be worth contacting them to see if they have the item you are interested in.
- Q. Hello, The glass shade of my light has just blown off in the high winds and smashed. Is it possible to obtain a replacement? Regards, Phil
- A. We do sell replacement glass shades for the Belfast Lights. These are priced at £10.00 each + delivery. The product code for this is LAGL003 and these can be purchased online.
- Q. Hi are you able to confirm how this light could be attached to a PIR. Sensor? What sort of sensor do I need? Thanks
- A. A sensor can be purchased from any DIY store, and fitting separately to our lights. The way it is fitted will vary depending on the sensor purchased, and we do recommend that an electrician fits this.
- Q. Can you use LED bulbs in your lamps.
- A. Yes, you can use LED bulbs in these lamps if preferred.
- Q. Hello, I'm just wondering if the rubbery protection around the base of the glass needs to be removed or do I leave it on? Thanks
The rubber seal around the rim of the glass should be left on when fitted.
- Q. Do you do any outside lights with a corner mounting?
- A. I'm afraid we do not supply any corner mounted lights nor can our lights be fitted onto a corner bracket.
- Q. I have misplaced the instructions for the Belfast outdoor wall light in clay. How do I remove the glass to replace the bulb? Is it a screw fitting and can I use an LED equivalent? What would that be called?
- A. To remove the glass, simply unscrew the 3 screws around the top and take out. This fitting requires an E27
buband an LED bulb will be compatible. The LED equivalent would be a 10W.