At Garden Trading our focus is to design and produce functional products for the home and garden, without having to compromise on style. From a bread bin to an exterior light – we are passionate about making products that will last for years, and look stylish in your home too!
We are all about a clutter-free lifestyle and defying 'throwaway' attitudes - we believe in creating products that serve a purpose but that also win you over with their great design and how well they fit into your home. It's the same with our team; everyone has an important role to play, but we also look for people who deliver their tasks with a great attitude, a willingness to help, and plenty of character. By hiring the right people, we can run a happier and more efficient business, which in turn helps us to deliver to our customers.
To fulfill our mission and give our customers this excellent service, we need the best team working for us. We’re always on the lookout for talented and enthusiastic people, with a passion for the brand.
Trade Sales Executive
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented sales professional to join our fast-growing team. Whether based in the office in Carterton, visiting customers across the midlands and north of the UK, or joining the team at our trade shows in London or Paris, you will be bringing the brand to life for our valued trade customers.
As part of the trade sales team, your role will be fast-paced and varied, and you will be empowered to develop your own customer relationships and grow sales in your region. You will work closely with the product, service and logistics team to ensure that we deliver a great customer experience.
This role is a great opportunity to learn about the homeware industry and all functions of the business, and as the business develops, there is also the chance for future international travel as we develop the brand beyond the UK.
- Ensure your accounts beat their sales target for the year.
- Bring on new customers as per sales plan.
- Manage account relationships including customer visits, reviewing sales and introducing new ranges.
- Input to product planning processes, supporting with forecasting and range feedback
- Represent Garden Trading at our trade shows.
- Key contact for your accounts including field visits (approx 1/month).
- Feed service issues into customer service and QC processes.
- Support finance with credit control.
- Maintain accurate system setup and customer data.
- Support the Commercial Director in development of business sales strategy, for effective multichannel growth between trade and direct-to-consumer.
What we're looking for:
- Share Garden Trading’s values on teamwork, customer service and quality
- Excellent written, verbal and online communication including on the phone
- Self-motivated and confident people person; great team player
- At least 2 years’ experience of B2B sales
- Knowledge of the homeware market a benefit
- Proficient with systems, particularly ERP and all Microsoft Office packages. Excel essential.
To apply for this role please send you CV to email@example.com