It's that time of year, tidy up your cupboards and reorganise your shelves to be clutter free. Kitchens of all sizes require stylish storage to function at their best. From large scale wall shelves and wine racks to egg runs, bread bins and canisters. All with simple silhouettes in neutral colourways to suit every kitchen.
And now for one of our favourite recipes. Homemade marmalade is the best kind of marmalade, it also makes for a fantastic gift. Put it in one of our Round Storage Jars with a homemade label and you'll have plenty for everyone.
Pick your jar:
- Enamel Canister >
- Audley Storage Jar >
- Brook Canister >
- Kemble Storage Container >
- Provender Jar >
- Round Storage Jar >
1kg oranges (use Seville oranges if you can)
Juice 1 large lemon
2kg jam sugar
- Scrub the oranges to remove the wax, then simmer in a large saucepan with 2 litres of water for about 2 hours, or until the skin is very soft and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Remove the fruit and keep the cooked water. When cool enough to touch, quarter the orange and slice each segment into fine slices, saving the juice
- Remove the pips and place them on a large piece of muslin. Tie the muslin into a bag with a piece of string - the string needs to be long enough to secure the bag and be tied to the handle of the saucepan, but also must reach the bottom of the pan.
- Place a saucer in the freezer. Return the cooking water to a medium heat, add the bag of pips (tied to the handle) and lemon juice and boil for 10 minutes. Remove the pips, then add the chopped fruit and reserved juice, and boil until reduced by a third.
- Add the sugar, stirring well to dissolve. Increase the heat and boil rapidly for about 20 minutes, or until setting point is reached.
- To test for setting point, drop a spoonful of jam onto a chilled saucer and cool briefly in the fridge. If the jam forms a skin and wrinkles when pushed with a fingertip, it has reached setting point. (Remove the marmalade from the heat when testing.) Allow to cool, stir well, then spoon into a sterilised jar and label.