Mother's Day is just around the corner. Wouldn't it be lovely to show your Mum just how much you care with a truly special gift?
We've teamed up with our friends at Bloom & Wild to give one lucky winner a Year of Flowers along with a £100 Garden Trading gift voucher. So whether she'd like to choose from our vase collection or gardening accessories to show off her flowers, or treat herself to whatever her heart desires, the choice is completely hers. For your chance to win, enter via the form at the bottom of the page.
If you receive or gift someone special a beautiful bouquet on 31st March, Bloom and Wild's Floral Stylist, Amelia Christoffers, has all the info for arranging those stems like a pro.
Step 1: Condition your stems
“Flowers require a little TLC before you pop them in a vase. Firstly, remove any leaves that may fall below the waterline, otherwise they’ll decompose in your vase and compromise the longevity of your bouquet. Next (and most importantly), cut your stems at an angle (removing 3-5cm). This re-opens the drinking pores and gives surface area for your stems to drink up.
AMELIA’S TOP TIP: “Cut your stems to different heights. Make some short while leaving some statement stems a little longer, so they really stand out and you can appreciate the beauty and pop of colour they bring.”
Step 2: Choose your vase wisely
AMELIA’S TOP TIP: “You can cheat your way to a fuller-looking display by building a grid formation out of clear tape over the mouth of your vase and then arranging your blooms into the gaps.”
Step 3: Arrange your bouquet
“Criss-cross your greenery in an X shape to create a foliage framework that’ll give your flowers a sturdy base to rest on. Next, criss-cross your flowers in between the gaps.”
AMELIA’S TOP TIP: “Create a front with real impact and fullness by styling your stems from this angle only and sit it on a side table or counter against the wall.”
Bloom & Wild is the UK’s top-rated flower-delivery company. With a mission to delight, the team work with Britain’s best florists to design stylish letterbox bouquets from freshly cut flowers. Clever and contemporary, if your recipient is home or out for the day, their delivery remains a surprise. Hooray!
To enter our competition, simply fill out your details below before Midnight on 24th March.
Terms and Conditions:
• Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and not employees of Garden Trading, Bloom & Wild, their immediate families or anyone else connected with the promotion or either business
• Winner must be 18 or over and have a UK postal address
• No automated, bulk, third party or consumer group entries are permitted
• Entrants can enter the competition only once
• Entry into the competition is valid from 10.03.19 to 23.59pm on 24.03.19
• Full details on how to claim the prize will be provided to the winner upon notification that they have won
• The competition winner will be selected at random after the competition has closed
• The competition winner will be contacted via the email provided upon entry to the competition no later than 26.03.19
• All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner, however, if the winner has not claimed the prize within 3 weeks of notification a new winner will be selected, and the previous winner will no longer be entitled to claim the prize
• Garden Trading's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered
• The name of the winner will be available by sending an SAE to Bloom & Wild Mother's Day Competition, The Marketing Team, Garden Trading, Carterton South Industrial Estate, Carterton, Oxfordshire, OX18 3EZ
• Entry into the competition includes sign-up to the Garden Trading email newsletter only if you opt-in upon entry. Once opted in, users can unsubscribe at any time
• Your details will not be shared with anyone else
• Any entry which is incomplete, incomprehensible, late, incorrectly submitted or otherwise does not comply with the rules may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Garden Trading
• Garden Trading reserves the right to withdraw or cancel this competition for any reason and at any time
• Garden Trading will use your details to administer the prize should you win
• If you are successful at winning, Garden Trading reserves the right to use your name and or/image on the Garden Trading journal, Twitter account and/or Facebook page and any other social media if required, highlighting you as a winner
• Garden Trading reserves the right to withdraw this competition or amend these terms and conditions without notice and at any time