Last week, Ashlee from @the_suffolk_nest showed us how to decorate one of our Hanging Rattan Wreaths with foliage and florals as well as demonstrating how to create the perfect, traditional, hand tied bouquet of flowers. If you missed our event, please feel free to catch up on our Instagram page and please see below how Ashlee created the hand-tied bouquet.
Flower Arranging – Spiral Hand Tied Bouquet
(The stems at the end all spiral in one direction)
- Wax flowers
- Bridal crown
- Prepare as much as possible before starting
- Set the flowers out into their groups so that it’s easy to work with and strip all of the stems so that they don’t get bunched up with anything
- Have your piece of twine and your paper ready to tie your bouquet at the end. Remember you’ll only have one free hand!
- Hold your stems quite loosely, start with a piece of foliage and a flower. The pieces at the beginning will be at the centre of the bouquet
- Then start creating!
- Still not sure? View our IGTV link here > to watch Ashlee do it herself