Aldsworth Shelf Ladder - Spruce
Based on our popular bookshelf design, the rustic Aldsworth Shelf Ladder is at home both inside and out. Crafted in Spruce, it's been designed with shelves of varying depths to display an array of items wherever you choose to place it.
We've seen it used as a decorative plant stand, to hold garden accessories in the potting shed, or working its rustic magic as a bookcase in the kitchen. It comes fully assembled with folding shelves that pivot and screw into place, making it easy to manoeuvre and place in the room of choice. The soft colouring has hints of brown and grey that complements many decor colours throughout the home.
Based on our popular bookshelf design, the rustic Aldsworth Shelf Ladder is at home both inside and out. Crafted in Spruce, it's been designed with shelves of varying depths to display an array of items wher...Read More
Dimensions: H178 x W49 x D40cm
Each shelf has a width of 40cm
Crafted in FSC Spruce
For indoor and outdoor use
We recommend positioning this item in a sheltered area to prolong its life
Stained with a grey water stain, not chemically treated
Height and Depths of each shelf, 1: top shelf to 6: bottom shelf:
2: H18.5 x D13cm
3: H20 x D17cm
4: H27 x D23cm
5: H33 x D29cm
6: H38 x D36cm
To find more about our materials please visit our Material Guide.
- Standard UK for orders over £60 - Free
- Standard UK for orders under £60 - £4.95
- Next Day - £6.95
- Saturday Delivery - £16.00
- Click & Collect from our Carterton Warehouse - Free
Standard UK Delivery takes 3-5 working days. Next Day orders must be placed before midday for delivery the following working day. If a Next Day order is placed after midday on a Friday, or over a weekend, delivery will take place the following Tuesday.
You can return items to us within 14 working days of receipt. All we ask is that you return the goods in all their original packaging and condition, including the outer box and in a re sell-able condition. We are not able to issue refunds for goods that are not returned in a re sell-able condition. Please view our full returns information here.
- Q. Hi, What are the heights and depths of the shelves? Many thanks.
The heights and depths are as below:
Shelf 1 - 10cm
Shelf 2 - H18.5cm x D13cm
Shelf 3 - H20 x D17cm
Shelf 4 - H27cm x D23cm
Shelf 5 - H33cm x D29cm
Shelf 6- H38cm x D36cm
- Q. Are you sure the depth is only 9.5 cm? That seems out of scale. Can you give me the depth at the bottom of the shelves?
- A. Please accept my apologies for this. The correct depth at the bottom of the shelves is 40cm.
- Q. Is there some way of securing this to the wall so it is safe and cannot fall forward.
- A. You may be able to drill through the back of the shelf to secure this to the wall however we do not supply the fixings for this and once holes have been made we will be unable to accept this back for any reason.
- Q. Have you anything like this that you can use as a ladder and a shelf? This doesn't look sturdy enough to weight bear but I have a mezzanine that I need a ladder to climb up to but would also like storage. Thanks
- A. This shelf ladder is suitable for a display unit only.
- Q. Would this comfortably take the weight of books if used solely as a bookshelf?
- A. Yes, this shelf will take the weight of books.
- Q. What is the weight of this item please?
- A. The weight of this item is 16kg.
- Q. Hello, two questions please: 1. where do you source your spruce? 2. is this item suitable to be painted?
- A. Spruce is sourced in Poland.
- Q. Hello, Please can you tell me what stops the shelves from tipping downwards as in the description it says they pivot on screws. Thanks
- A. The shelves do not pivot all the way around, therefore they stop once they are at a right angle.
- Q. Is this laddershelf fully assembled?
- A. Yes, this item is delivered fully assembled.
- Q. hi, can you tell me what the interior width of the shelves are please?
The interior width of the shelves is 40cm.
- Q. Could this be used in conservatory where the windows are waist height with ledge and wall to floor. Would it be safe.
We would not recommend placing this against a waist height ledge. This should be put flat against a wall.
- Q. does the unit come painted or stained as in the photo or does it come as raw pine please?
The wood is untreated Spruce. We do recommend treating this with a wood stain to prolong its life.
- Q. Do you need to screw this product to a wall to prevent it from falling down?
No this item does not need to be fixed to the wall.
- Q. I want to know if this would sit above my skirting board therefore what is the height measurement at the rear of the ladder from floor to base of first shelf please?
- Q. Could you tell me what the boxed dimensions and weight is please. I will be having two of them shipped out to Malta via a UK based intermediary and they need this information to quote me the delivery charge. Thank you.
- A. The boxed dimensions are 182x42x8.50 cms, and the weight is 16kgs.
- Q. How high is the first shelf from the ground? We have a large outside electrical box and trying to work out whether this would get in the way of the ladder standing flush against the wall. Thanks.
- A. The height from the ground to the underneath of the first shelf is 9cm.
- Q. Hi! Can you tell me if this suitable for outside/wet environments?
- A. This ladder shelf is only suitable for indoor use.