Visit our Oxfordshire Showroom to browse our latest collections.
Capture the essence of warm English summers
31 May 2013Everywhere you turn you cannot help but encounter the wonderful aroma of Elderflower. Not only are they pretty to look at they but they also have a pleasant taste so we thought why not share our tried and tested much enjoyed recipe.
You will need:
• 20 heads of elderflower
• 2 pints of water
• 2oz of citric acid
• 1kg bag of sugar
• 2 large lemons quartered
• Boil the water and pour into a large preserving pan.
• Stir in the sugar, let it dissolve and cool
• Add the flower heads and the citric acid
• Add the lemons cut into quarters
• Stir well and leave to rest for 3 days
• Stir, strain and bottle in a air tight glass bottle.
• Keep the bottles of elderflower concentrate in the fridge and dilute with perfectly drinkable tap water for a summer drink.