Buzz Off Wasp Catcher in Glass
Product Code: WCGL02
It's so lovely sitting out in the garden when summer comes, but wasps seem to have other ideas when it comes to making the garden a relaxing escape. This ingenious catcher distracts winged pests from you and your lunch by luring them into the glass with an irresistible reservoir of bait such as sweet sugar water.
Whilst flying into the catcher through the hole in the bottom proves easy enough, they cannot quite get their heads around the return journey, keeping them trapped until you empty it or take out the cork.
1. Choose your bait. A simple but effective bait is water mixed with a table spoon of sugar. Boil the water, dissolve the sugar into it, then let it cool and pour it into the trap.
2. Gardeners hoping to target wasps without luring bees and other helpful insects should consider using beer or a high-protein bait such as meat. Other ways to keep honeybees safe include hanging the trap far away from flowering plants and fruit trees.
3. Make sure the catcher is empty, then fill it with bait. Do this by removing the cork, and carefully pouring/placing the bait into the bottom reservoir, being careful not to overfill it or spill it out of the hole in the bottom.
4. Replace the cork.
5. Hang the catcher from a branch or hook well away from you and enjoy your garden free from pesky wasps!
Those wishing release the insects after you've finished in the garden should bear in mind that, whilst wasps will not hold a tiny grudge against you for trapping them, you should be careful not to make them feel threatened while releasing them to avoid a nasty sting.
It's so lovely sitting out in the garden when summer comes, but wasps seem to have other ideas when it comes to making the garden a relaxing escape. This ingenious catcher distracts winged pests from you and ...Read More
Dimensions: H17cm x W13cm x D13cm
Crafted in glass with a wire handle for hanging and a cork stopper
Please refer to the product description for step-by-step instructions and guides on baiting the trap
- Standard UK for orders over £60 - Free
- Standard UK for orders under £60 - £4.95
- Next Day - £6.95
- Saturday Delivery - £16.00
- Click & Collect from our Carterton Warehouse - Free
Standard UK Delivery takes 3-5 working days. Next Day orders must be placed before midday for delivery the following working day. If a Next Day order is placed after midday on a Friday, or over a weekend, delivery will take place the following Tuesday.
- You can return items to us within 14 working days of receipt. All we ask is that you return the goods in all their original packaging and condition, including the outer box and in a re sell-able condition. We are not able to issue refunds for goods that are not returned in a re sell-able condition. Please view our full returns information here.