Is your home packed full of gorgeous Garden Trading buys or clever storage solutions? We would love to see! Email us your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post them on our Facebook page, Tweet them, and pin them to our Pinterest boards.
Father's Day - An Interview with Jon
06 June 2016
Father’s Day is one of the odd days in the calendar, as it took rather a long time to be established. Inspired by Mother’s Day, many believed for a long time that there should be a similar day honouring Fathers for their part in the family, but the day has no widespread history or traditions, with most families preferring to spend it in their own way. Father’s Day now falls on the 3rd Sunday in June, so with two weeks to go, we sat down with Jon Holloway to ask him how he likes to spend Father’s Day, what his ideal gifts would be, and what makes the day special.
Every Dad has their own idea of how they’d like to spend the day dedicated to them - how do you like to celebrate Father’s Day?
For me, the most important thing about Father’s Day is that it’s a day to come together and spend time with my family. It’s also one of the few days a year when I get to really put my feet up and no one expects me to do anything! It’s nice to take a day off where I can really relax without feeling guilty.
What is your dream Father’s Day Present?
I think all Dads hate this question! It’s so hard to think of things, especially when you hate clutter, as I do. I think a good safe bet is a barbecue – it’s great fun to take charge, and who doesn’t love a good barbecue in Summer? Another thing I appreciate is having what I call a “man-cave”, a space where you can really work or relax without distractions. I’m currently working on my garage; the idea is to have the dream storage space, with an oak frame, so I can keep all the bits and pieces in order next to my motorcycle without cluttering up the place. I think everyone should have a cave, whether it’s for reading, cooking, crafting or gardening; find his favourite place and think of something he needs for it, and I’m sure you’ll find that he appreciates the thought. Clocks and useful boxes are a must in the man-cave, but most important of all is a mini-fridge for foraging and a well-deserved chilled drink when you’ve finished working!
What makes Father’s Day important for you?
Being a Father is all about family, so the only important thing for me is spending time with them, and making sure we know how much we mean to each other. Whether that involves having dinner together, giving and receiving presents, or enjoying a day off, it’s wonderful to express that, and Father’s Day is a great excuse!
Terms and Conditions
- Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and not employees of Garden Trading, their immediate families or anyone else connected with the business or promotion
- No automated, bulk, third party or consumer group entries are permitted
- Entrants must be residents of the UK
- Entrants can enter the competition once only
- Entry into the competition is valid from 07.06.16 to 14.06.16
- There is one prize on offer only, being a Garden Trading Voucher worth £100
- Full details on how to claim the prize will be provided to the winners upon notification that they have won
- The competition winners will be selected at random after the competition has closed
- The competition winners will be contacted via the email provided upon entry to the competition no later than 16.06.16
- All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner, however, if a winner has not claimed the prize within 3 days of notification a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will no longer be entitled to claim the prize
- Garden Trading's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The names of the winner will be available by sending a SAE to Father’s Day Competition, The Marketing Team, Garden Trading, Carterton South Industrial Estate, Carterton, Oxfordshire, OX18 3EZ
- Entry into the competition includes sign-up to the Garden Trading email newsletter unless you have previously opted out
- Users can unsubscribe at any time
- Any entry which is incomplete, incomprehensible, late, incorrectly submitted or otherwise does not comply with the rules may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Garden Trading
- Garden Trading reserves the right to withdraw or cancel this competition for any reason and at any time
- Garden trading will use your details to administer the prize should you win. If you are successful at winning, Garden Trading reserves the right to use your name and or/image on the Garden Trading Blog, Twitter account and/or Facebook page and any other social media if required, highlighting you as a winner
- Garden Trading reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice