Is your home packed full of gorgeous Garden Trading buys or clever storage solutions? We would love to see! Email us your pictures to email@example.com and we will post them on our Facebook page, Tweet them, and pin them to our Pinterest boards.
A work list for July
08 July 2013
It’s hard to believe we are already halfway through the year! But with the recent weather, a burst of summer is most definitely upon us! So, we hope you are ready and that you’ve waxed the garden furniture, dusted off the BBQ and filled your garden with glorious lanterns … this is the month we’ve been waiting for!
It’s not a time for all play though, there are still a multitude of jobs to be done in the garden.The warm weather will mean a flourishing garden, and you’ll need to keep on top of it.
So, here’s our July job list for the garden - but do make sure you stay hydrated, wear a sun hat and sun cream but, above all, take time to enjoy your garden.
• Hanging baskets and patio pots will need a daily water to maximise blooms
• Deadhead anything that moves to encourage more flowering
• Use string to tie back and prune climbing roses to keep them in shape
• Keep an eye out for pests and other problems and treat as soon as possible.
• Keep the weeds at bay
• Removing build-up from paths and paving now with a jet wash pays dividends later in the year
• Your conservatory plants will benefit from some outside light and air, but avoid direct, harsh sunlight
• Keep an eye out for that elusive hedgehog
And for those with a veg patch:
• Water all vegetables regularly, it’s their peak growing period
• Pick courgettes before they become watery marrows
• Harvest early potatoes, carrots and salad crops
• Sow herb seeds…always lovely in a summer salad
When the hard work is done, why not pack-a-picnic and head out to one of the many events happening in July. Here are a few of our favourites, plus check out VisitBritain for many more.
• Hampton Court Palace Flower Show – 9 – 14 July
• Coronation Festival – 11– 14 July
• Tatton Park flower Show – 25 – 28 July
• Goodwood races – 30July – 3 August