Visit our Oxfordshire Showroom to browse our latest collections.
A quick and easy summer dish
27 June 2013Although summer can be a busy time of year we’d still like to encourage you to make time for a homemade, healthy supper. This recipe is perfect, especially if you’re feeling a little hot and lazy as it will be ready and on the garden table in no time!
Warm lentil and seared rosemary lamb salad – serves 4
You will need:
- 200g puy lentils
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 1 tbsp oil oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 150g feta, cubed
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Rinse the lentils in water then drain. Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan with one of the sprigs of rosemary until boiling. Add the lentils, reduce the heat, then simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender. Drain, then tip into a wide bowl to cool.
- Mix the garlic and vinegar with a little salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar, then whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil until smooth and thick, set aside.
- Rub the lamb with the remaining sprig of rosemary, season, then drizzle with the olive oil. Heat a frying pan over a high heat and cook for 1-2 mins on each side until cooked through but still a little pink in the middle.
- Set aside somewhere warm to rest.
- Add spinach, chilli, feta, parsley and dressing to the lentils and toss.
- Slice the lamb then add to the salad with any of the remaining juices and serve.
- Perfect with a glass of chilled white wine!