Is your home packed full of gorgeous Garden Trading buys or clever storage solutions? We would love to see! Email us your pictures to email@example.com and we will post them on our Facebook page, Tweet them, and pin them to our Pinterest boards.
5 Steps to De-Clutter your Home
12 January 2015
Make your home a calm and relaxing environment with some simple steps to de-clutter and create an orderly environment with everything in its rightful place.
We recommend that you tackle one room at a time. Don’t try and tackle the whole house in one go or you’ll end up frustrated and confused, with multiple rooms half sorted and no sense of accomplishment.
These simple steps should go a long way towards making de-cluttering a simple task:
- Ensure your rooms are well lit. Never underestimate the power of great lighting, which can give the illusion of space. Invest in a stylish and practical light such as our Rise/Fall Grand Paris Pendant Light; inspired by the ceiling lighting found all over Brasseries in Paris we think this looks great over a dining room table, raised high for a raucous family supper or down low for an intimate dinner party.
- Invest in a Shoe Rack or Shoe Locker to prevent shoes from piling up by the front door in a chaotic mess or going mysteriously missing never to be seen again. We love this vintage Chedworth Shoe Locker which looks great in any hallway or boot room. It even has handy spaces for name tags to prevent arguments amongst the family. This Colworth Welly Crate is also a popular choice, with space for long boots/wellies as well as smaller shoes, it has a rustic crate finish which looks great in any contemporary home.
- Store things off the floor for a great way to remove the photos and ornaments that often clutter up our surfaces without having to throw them out. We love these rustically charming Oak Shelves with Cast Iron Brackets that come in both Large and Small to suit any living space. We also recommend a Wall Mounted Plate Rack, creating kitchen cupboard space while also adding some country cottage charm to your kitchen. These Rectangular Baskets with Rope Handles are also great for storing bits and bobs while keeping your living space tidy.
- Don’t forget the small things. Every day clutter can be easy to overlook as you’re so used to seeing it but fixing the small things can make a huge impact on the appearance of a room. For instance, invest in a Washing Up Tidy to store all those washing up essentials in one spot while looking stylish enough to keep by the sink in easy reach. Add some more contemporary charm with this Canister Set, allowing you to keep your tea, coffee and sugar in easy reach without cluttering up your kitchen.
- Create more space in your Utility room with a Ceiling Clothes Dryer. When drying clothes or not in use they can be winched up to the ceiling out of the way, allowing you to move freely around your utility room without dodging damp clothes. Plus, they are much more environmentally friendly than a tumble dryer so you can feel good about your carbon footprint too!